Wardrobe Essentials- Make These Your 5 Go-To Autumn Pieces
Aaaah! November is nearly over, I’m freaking out. Also it’s my birthday in about 2 weeks, I can’t wait to be 29 AGAIN! What did you guys get up to over the weekend? My highlight was going to one of my favourite vintage stores in Berlin-ReSales- and getting a fabulous dress I’ll be wearing on my birthday. I can’t wait to show it to you. Now back to the topic at hand, do you find that no matter how much your wardrobe grows, you are always looking for certain Autumn wardrobe essentials to compete your outfit? I sure as hell do. Continue Reading for my tips on 5 g0-to Autumn essentials.
5 Go-To Autumn Essentials
1) Statement leather jacket– leather jackets will never go out of style and that’s a fact. Every season, we see different styles and colours of leather jackets either on the runway or in street style reports. I love my red vintage jacket because I feel MJ Thriller-ish when I wear it. Also it has fab suede details around the elbows, so I get to tick two texture trends this season- suede and leather.
2) Midi and hight waisted skirt– The key to nailing this trend is to ensure that whatever you pair the skirt with nips in your waist and doesn’t make you look top heavy or dowdy. For e.g. when I wore this midi skirt, I tucked my T-shirt in and wore a skinny leopard print belt. Also to further accentuate my waist, I rolled up my jacket sleeves and tied the belt of my jacket at the back.
3) Look-at-me tights– for the ladies who are #teamallblack everything (like me)- colourful statement tights break up your all black outfit and add interesting depth to your ensemble. Take my red tights in this look for example, you can only see a slither of them but even that helps to add more dimensions to my look. Ps you can see the effect more clearly in my video below.
4) Coversation-starter bag– A ‘conversation-starter’ bag is a statement bag that draws strangers to you (like bees to the honey comb) who get all up in your grill trying to find out all they can about that bag. I got this cooote cartoon bag from Zara and what can I say, it brings out the bunch of nursery school children that reside in me!
5) Ankle boots– ankle boots are a great way to update your wardrobe and this season the styles are endless- metallic, patent, Western, classic…These booties/beauties also look great with skinny jeans short dresses, oversized tops worn with leggings, midi skirts…I love the ones I’m wearing in these pictures becasue they have wook mix detailing around the ankles.
Here is the oufit in motion-
My list is not exhaustive by any means so what are your favourite Autumn pieces?
Jacket- ReSales, Skirt- Vintage, Bag- Zara, T-shirt- H&M, Tights- Calzedonia, Boots- Tamaris